Beta-Boy

This blog WAS about my experiences with the new Microsoft Vista OS. I went back to Windows XP, so I'm no longer updating it. However, I decided to leave it on-line, at least until Vista is officially released. There may be a few tips here that will help other beta users.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Critical View of Vista

Here's a link that I came across this morning. It's a very critical look at Windows Vista. I don't mean critical as in "scrutinizing the OS objectively," I mean critical as in "complaining about everything." Still, it has some info that readers might find interesting.

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/windows-vista-feedback/

The writer spent most of his time complaining about the fonts and the layout. (Personally, I don't think liking the size or the type of fonts has anything to do with how well the OS performs. I kind of like the layout....but, anyway....)

Also, he criticized Microsoft for not copying a Mac OS feature at one point, and then just a little while later he criticizes them for copying a Mac OS screensaver. I get the feeling that this guy is just impossible to please.

Anyway, you can read and judge for yourself. I just scanned the article, but it looked like he did make a few valid points.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home