Beta-Boy

This blog WAS about my experiences with the new Microsoft Vista OS. I went back to Windows XP, so I'm no longer updating it. However, I decided to leave it on-line, at least until Vista is officially released. There may be a few tips here that will help other beta users.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Introduction

Hi there!

Let me tell you a bit about me, and then a little bit about this blog!

My name is Josh Spiers, and I'm a junior network admin. I'm also going to school full-time, majoring in psychology through Liberty University's distance learning program. The reason that I created this blog is to share my experiences with the new Windows Vista. Hence, the blog title "Beta-Boy." I'm a boy, I'm writing about beta stuff...it ain't rocket science.

Anyway, I just jumped on board the Vista experience when they opened up the public beta a few days ago. So far it's a good experience. So good, in fact, that I just made a leap of faith, and I reformatted and got rid of Windows XP. I may regret that later, but I figure in a worst case scenario I'll just have to set XP up to duel boot, so that I can run a few select apps. So far I've been able to make everything run that I need to, though, so it's going good.

Anyway, that's what I created this blog for. I figure that I'll keep posting until I run out of good things to say, then I'll let this blog fade away into the great Internet graveyard of forgotten sites.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home